Dr. D. VIZAI BHASKAR
|Native Place||Ampolu (Village), Srikakulam (District), Andhra Pradesh|
|Residential Address||Flat No. 201, 2nd Floor, 238/2RT – AmulyaBrundavan Apartments, Near Ganesh Temple, Vijayanagar Colony, Hyderabad – 500 057|
|Contact Number||+ 91 9701385103|
|Dramas written||1. Mahatma Jyotirao Phule
2. Bommalu Cheppina Bhajagovindam
9. Gandhi Jayanthi
12. Yogi Vemana
17. Meere Devullu
19. Mabbullo Bomma
20. Devudu Kaavaali
21. Baapu cheppina maata
24. Vontari Rekkalu
25. Mounamtho Maatalu (Poetic Verses)
26. Raji Gaadu-Raaju Ayyadu
27. Gaali Batukulu
28. Mahaa Shunyam (Poetry)
29. Vamsadhra Vybhavam
30. Thesis submitted on “Concept of Brecht”sEpic Theatre: Its Influence on Telugu Drama”
|Awards Received||• Nandi Award as Best Writer (Kurchi) in 1999 by Government of Andhra Pradesh
• Nandi Award as Best Writer (MabbulloBomma) in 2000 by Government of Andhra Pradesh
• Nandi Award as Best Writer (Jeevannaatakam) in 2003 by Government of Andhra Pradesh
• Ugadi Sahitya Puraskar 2003 by Andhra Saaraswatha Samithi, a literary organization of international repute
• Nandi Award as Best Writer (Minister) in 2004 by Government of Andhra Pradesh
• Rashtriya Vikas Shiromani Award (UgadiPuraskar) by Delhi Telugu Academy for the year 2004
• Sri PottiSreeramulu Telugu University Sahitya Puraskaram for the year 2004
• Nandi Award as Best Writer (BapuCheppinaMaata – Teleplay) for 2005 by Government Andhra Pradesh
• Nandi Award as Best Writer (BommaluCheppinaBhajagovindam) in 2009 by Government of Andhra Pradesh
• Central Sangeet NatakAkademi Award -2010 for Best Playwriting
• Nandi Award (Jeevannatakam Teleplay in TV1 Channel) in 2011 by Government of Andhra Pradesh. Received “Delhi Telugu Akademy Excellency Award” on the occasion of 24th Annual National Awards, 2011 for valuable contribution in the field of Literature.
• Received “GurajadaSahitiPuraskaram” by Government of Andhra Pradesh on the eve of 150th Birthday Celebrations of MahakaviGurajadaApparao on 21-09-2012 for safeguarding the culture and tradition of Telugu Literature.
|Award Winning Dramas||• “Swarna Nandi” in 1999 for kinchith Bhogam
• “Silver Nandi” in 2002 for Gandhi Jayanthi
• “Silver Nandi” in 2002 for Gandhi Jivannatakam
• “Swarna Nandi” in 2005 for Baapu Chepina Maata
• “Swarna Nandi” in 2009 for Bommalu Cheppina Bhajagovindam
• “Kamsya Nandi” in 2011 for Vontari Rekkalu
• “Sri potti Sriramulu Telugu University Sahitya Puraskaram” for Ruthwik for the year 2004
|Translations||• “Gandhi Jayanthi“ was translated in Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Gujarati, Tamil and Hindi as “Gandhi Jayanthi ”, in English as “The Return of Gandhi“ and in Marathi as “Punha Gandhi“.
• “Ruthwik” was translated in English as “Ruthwik“.
• “Kaalakootam” was translated in English as “Kaalakootam” and in Marathi as “VishaVruksha“.
• “Minister” was translated into Kannada, Gujarati, Hindi, Bengali and Manipuri as “Minister” and in Tamil as “Amaiccar“.
• “Kabeerdas“ was translated in Kannada as “Kabeerdas“.
• “Kurchi” was translated in Bengali as “Chair“, in English as “The Chair“, in Hindi as ” Kursi“, in Gujarati as “Khel Kurshi No“ and in Tamil as “Narkali“.
• “Puliswaari“ was translated in English as “Riding the Tiger“.
• “Jeevannatakam” was translated as “Jeevannataka” in Kannada, as “Zindagi Ka Khel” in Hindi, as “Jindagi”
|Drama Festivals conducted in his name||• Samaikya Bharati (a famous cultural Organization in Hyderabad) has conducted “Vizai Bhaskar Naatakotsavaalu” in Ravindra Bharati, Hyderabad from 2nd to 4th November, 2004, wherein “Ruthwik”, “Jeevannatakam”, “Brahmarata” and “Minister” Plays were staged.
• In association with Department of Culture, Government Andhra Pradesh and Dravidian University, Kuppam, Abhinaya (a Theatre monthly Magazine) and Samaikya Bharati (a famous Cultural Organization in Hyderabad) have jointly conducted “VizaiBhaskar“s Gandhi Jayanthi Multi Lingual Theatre Festival“ wherein Gandhi Jayanthi play was staged in five languages viz., Kannada, English, Malayalam, Hindi and Telugu in Ravindra Bharati, Hyderabad from 29th to 31st October, 2007.
• In collaboration with Department of Culture, Government of Andhra Pradesh, Chaitanya Art Theatres and Samaikya Bharati, famous cultural organizations in Hyderabad, have jointly conducted “VizaiBhaskar“s bahu bhasha naatakostav”, a festival of nine Telugu Plays of D. Vizai Bhaskar translated into different Indian Languages viz., Telugu, Bengali, Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, Malayalam, Gujarathi, Manipuri and Kannada in Ravindra Bharathi, Hyderabad from 16th to 19th March, 2009.
• Karnataka NatakaAkademy, National School of Drama, Karnataka Telugu Akademy and Department of Kannada & Culture have conducted “Kannada-Telugu Ranga Sammilana” – “Dr. D. VizaiBhaskar”s Kannada Drama Fest” from 10th to 12th June, 2010 in Ravindra Kalakshetra, Bangalore, wherein Dr.VizaiBhaskar”s Kannada Dramas viz., Gandhi Jayanti, Jeevannataka and Kabeerdas, were staged.
• Chaitanya Art Theatres (a famous cultural organization in Hyderabad) has conducted “Vizai Bhaskar Bengal Natakotsav” in Ravindra Bharati on 31.8.2011, wherein Kursi and Minister Plays were staged in Bengali language by “Rangashram” team from West Bengal
|Books published on his works||• A Book “Worship through Drama” was published with critical assessment of VizaiBhaskar”s Playwriting, by Sri M.S.K. Prabhu.
• A Booklet was published on his Literary Profile on the eve of Multi-lingual Drama Festival (“VizaiBhaskar”s bahu bhasha naatakostav”).
• Large number of Illustrated Special Stories were published in various vernacular Dailies with critical analysis on his plays.
• Vizai Bhaskar Nataka Sahityam was published in Telugu
Rangasthala Rukkulu by Sri M.S.K Prabhu.
|Dramas published in Press||His Play “Mahatma Jyotirao Phule” was serialized in popular Telugu Daily “Sakshi” in its Sunday Supplement every week from 9th May, 2010 to 8th August, 2010.|
|Dramas telecasted in Doordarshan||1. Kurchee
4. Bapu Cheppina Maata
5. Mahatma Jyotirao Phule (Serial)
6. Jeevannaatakam (Telugu & Kannada)
|Researches on his Works||• Sri G. Naga Raju has done Ph. D in Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur on “Dr. D. Vizai Bhaskar – Natakanuseelana”. Ph.D awarded in 2010.
• Sri SatyavoluSundara Sai has done Ph. D on “Dr. D. Vizai Bhaskar dramas – A critical study” in Osmania University, Hyderabad, Ph.D awarded in 2012
• Sri T. Haribabu has done Ph. D on the topic of “Social Concern in the select plays of Dr. D. Vizai Bhaskar” in Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Ph.D was awarded in 2015